Saturday, March 25, 2017

My Dog Copper

       by Amari in Mrs. Burgin's Class

        One day my dog copper got sick. He's a rottweiler mastiff lab mix. It all started a little bit after christmas when he got really sick, he stopped eating for a few days. My mom took him to the vet, he got special food and he had to eat it for up to 7 to 10 days. He would only drink water but not enough to be hydrated.
 The next day my mom Kendra had to take him to the vet again, he stayed over night for one night. The Doctors put and IV in his arm so that they could pump more fluid into his body. After that he was hydrated. Then he came home for another few days,
The next day I woke up to let him out, and i looked at him, his eyes looked like mirrors, they were REALLY creepy! My sister thought he was blind, and sure enough he was. So then when my mom got home she said “ I will call the vet to see if i can take him in tomorrow, because grandma Sarah (my mom's mom) said that wasn't normal, Sarah works with dogs so that's why she thought that wasn't normal. Sarah was convincing Kendra to take him to the emergency hospital, so she did and he had to stay over night.
Then my mom called to ask when they closed and when they had to pick him up, they said they close around 4:00 pm but to pick him up around 5:00 pm because they had to do some x rays. It was finally time for my mom to pick him up. The x ray “professionals” told her that they accidentally got a glimpse of his heart. What they found was a mass of fluid followed along by a tumor. That same day my mom brought him home and got him all comfortable, then told us what was wrong, and as soon as she said “so they” she started crying and when she started crying that's when me and my sister Jaelyn knew something was bad so that's when we both started crying. I was freaking out because we have had him since i was 3 years old so ever since i could remember. I called my dad Daniel to let him know what was going on and that he was dying, he came over to say goodbye to him and we let a few more people know as well.
Late that night my mom was really worried about his breathing because he was breathing really hard and fast. So she woke Jaelyn and I up at about 12:00 am to say goodbye to him only because she had to take him into the ER animal hospital to get him put down. We already knew he was getting put down but we thought it was going to happen the next day like the vet said, he already had and IV into get put down in the morning. So anyway she took him in and he died at 1:14 am
        We were all SO devastated! The saddest thing was he was only 7 years old. Soon we will be getting another amazing dog one day hopefully just like Copper. 

2 comments:

  1. I like how you put professionals in these thingies:" "

    ReplyDelete
  2. made me feel really bad in my 💜 so sorry! 😭. 🌹 for copper!

    ReplyDelete

Write a kind or helpful comment to the author.